Aggressive Representation and Discretion When You Need It Most
At the law office of Joseph J. Goldberg-Giuliano, Attorney at Law, attorney Goldberg-Giuliano focuses on the following areas of his criminal defense practice:
- Recreational Cannabis : Before becoming involved with the Massachusetts Recreational Cannabis industry, your first stop should be seeing an experienced cannabis lawyer.
- Marijuana Growing, Sales and Possession : Being caught growing and selling marijuana requires you to retain aggressive and knowledgeable drug defense. Serious penalties and life-changing consequences exist if you are convicted or immediately plea bargain.
- Chapter 94C : At the law office of Joseph J. Goldberg-Giuliano, Attorney at Law, attorney Goldberg-Giuliano has a thorough knowledge of the crimes and punishments related to Massachusetts drug cases as spelled out in Chapter 94C of the state statutes.
- Prescription Drugs and OxyContin : An offence related to even the smallest amount of an illegally-obtained prescription drug can have dire consequences. You need an advocate who will dig deeper to the root of the problem. If you or someone you care about has an addiction problem, there are special laws on the books that entitle you to treatment rather than punishment.
- Drug Crimes : With political reputations at stake, lawmakers have established harsh laws related to federal drug possession. Plea bargains are often useless because of the sometimes excessive mandatory minimum sentences. Having an attorney who is knowledgeable about Federal Rules of Evidence is a good start.
- Road Block OUI : Road blocks created to catch drunk drivers often violate the rights of the accused. Stopping a car by impeding its way starts a chain of events where evidence may be gathered illegally and racial profiling may be employed by law enforcement.
- Field Sobriety Tests : Scientific value is sorely lacking in some types of field sobriety testing. The subjectivity in evaluating your performance can result in criminal charges, requiring you to retain aggressive and knowledgeable counsel.
- Breathalyzer Tests : Poorly maintained and calibrated breathalyzers can skew results of a test, resulting in an officer wrongfully placing you under arrest. Far too much is at stake, with harsh DUI sentences awaiting the convicted. You need an attorney who has an in-depth knowledge of the tests that are administered following an initial stop.
- Warrants and Wiretaps : Like search and seizure, wiretaps and warrants are not always handled with the protection of your civil rights in mind. Attorney Joseph J. Goldberg-Giuliano brings thorough knowledge of the technology used and the laws that govern Fourth Amendment and Article 14 concerns and electronic communications.
- University Student Defense : One bad decision does not need to spell the end of your college career or your time living on campus. When you turn to Joseph J. Goldberg-Giuliano, Attorney at Law, you will receive comprehensive defense before any university disciplinary board.
- Restraining Orders : In fighting the issuance of a restraining order, there is no substitute for courtroom experience. Attorney Goldberg-Giuliano has such experience. Knowing the law is one thing, but knowing what to say—and what not to say—is critical.
- Minor in Possession : If arrested as a Minor in Possession of Alcohol, the consequences can be serious. The prosecutor may offer what he says is a “good deal,” but he is not there to protect your future or reputation. Only a trained criminal lawyer like Attorney Goldberg-Giuliano can advise you on your Minor in Possession charge so as to protect all your rights and interests.
- DUI Drugs : Charges for Operating Under the Influence of Drugs are becoming more and more common in Massachusetts. If you are facing charges of driving under the influence of drugs, your lawyer should be completely familiar with the standard 12-step “Drug Recognoition Expert” program followed by police. He should know process leading to arrest and all its shortcomings and inaccuracies. Attorney Goldberg-Giuliano has extensive training and experience in this area of law, so if you have been arrested on this charge, contact him immediately.
- Assault and Battery : Assault and Battery charges are always serious and the accused should take great care to hire the right lawyer. Domestic violence cases in particular are a minefield of ethical and tactical hazards that could easily trip up an attorney untrained in criminal law. Don’t pay the wrong lawyer thousands of dollars only to find out later that he or she did not know what they were doing! An experienced criminal lawyer like Joseph Goldberg-Giuliano will handle the matter properly.